Covid-19 at TBM
What We're Doing
At Trillium Bilingual Montessori, we are committed to ensure the safety of the families we serve, the children in our care and our staff.
On top of our regular Policies and Procedures, we are following the directions and guidelines of the Ministry of Education as well as the Region of Waterloo Public Health. Additional layers of protections have been added to ensure the safest environment for the children and staff.
Some of the measures we put in place:
1. Additional sanitizing for indoor and outdoor equipment and materials and furnishing both in the classrooms/centre and outdoors.
2. All staff must wear a medical mask and a face shield or goggles in presence of children indoors. If a safe distance of at least 2 metres can be maintained outside, staff may remove their face covering, but must immediately put it on if they have any close contact with a child.
3. All suspected and confirm cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) is reported immediately to the proper authorities. Families of children at risk will be immediately advised by the center.
4. Physical distancing is kept between staff and parents at all times. Physical distancing will also promoted with children as much as possible without imposing or interfering with their development.
5. The staff shifts schedule has been modified to minimize the risks with respect to the coronavirus(COVID-19).
6. Daily screening including temperature checks has been implemented. A designated screener will greet parents and children during drop-offs and pick-ups.
7. Doors to the school will remain locked between 9:30-3:00. Parents must call or ring doorbell in order for staff to be available for screening to drop-off their child or for a contactless pick-up of their child.
8. Parents and visitors are not allowed in the school at anytime. Staff and essential service employees (cleaners, maintenance workers, etc.) will be kept at a minimum.
9. Additional staff to assist in disinfecting, cleaning and screening has been added.
10. Additional cleaning by professional services of the whole school has been added. Professional cleaning will take place twice a week, this is in addition to the daily cleaning measures added.
Our update policies and procedures for Covid-19 can be found here.
Do you want to know more? Resources can be found here.